Kingfisher and Robin
Welcome to Year 3 and Key Stage 2!
In Year Three, we aim to create memorable learning experiences that ignite children’s curiosity and develop their resilience. We support children to grow academically and socially within their new Key Stage. Kingfisher and Robin will be safe areas where children will be encouraged to share, explore and develop their ideas and thoughts. We will continue to develop our Growth Mindsets as we celebrate our first attempts in learning (FAIL).
· Friday 10th September 2021 - DT afternoon - Children will need to bring in one piece of fruit. Due to allergies no pineapple or kiwi .
· Tuesday 2nd November 2021 - Hook Day - Children will need to bring in a plastic water bottle (that can be cut up), a large piece of card (cereal box) and newspapers.
· Thursday 18th November 2021 - Year 3 Autumn INSITE - Timings to be confirmed.
Year Three key reminders:
· P.E will be taught twice a week. Tuesday outdoor P.E, Friday indoor P.E. Please ensure your child has their P.E kit in school with tracksuit bottoms and a jacket for the colder months.
· Weekly mathematics and spelling home learning will be set on a Friday. Spelling tests will take place the following Friday.
· Reading books should be brought in each day - we encourage children to be reading daily with an adult.
Please click on the icons below to find out more about key aspects of teaching and learning.